WordPress Tutorials for Beginners
Learn WordPress step by step with our awesome tutorials. Create your website for free!
Build Your WordPress Website from the Beginning
Start learning WordPress from here. A full step by step guide help you to build your website. You don't need to hire any web designer.
- How to Install WordPress cPanel
- Understand WordPress Dashboard
- How to Create a Post in WordPress
- How to Create a Page in WordPress
- What is Featured Image in WordPress
- How to Install WordPress Theme
- Manage WordPress Plugin
- How to edit your profile in WordPress
- How to Configure your Settings in WordPress
- How to Change WordPress Header
- How to Create Menu in WordPress
- How to Enabling or disabling the comments in WordPress
- How to Customize WordPress Theme
- Create Contact Us page in WordPress
- Export Content from WordPress
- Manage Comments in WordPress
- Manage Category in WordPress
- Update WordPress Versions to latest
- Manage Widgets for your WordPress website
What is WordPress?
For many people, WordPress is mysterious and unknown. According to Wikipedia, it is a system or web application for controlling and managing the content of a website. The source code of WordPress is open, and can use by anyone for free! This system is written in PHP, while the database is MySQL. Simply, this is one of the most popular and best platforms for blogging, websites and other Internet projects.
What is the benefits of WordPress?
Speaking in a simpler language, WordPress is the best platform in the world for a blog or an Internet project, where news, photos, videos and other information (content) are published daily. Why the best? Judge for yourself,Here is only 5 main advantages:
- Free . Yes, WordPress is a free system. For a beginner who wants to create a blog or a small project, this is an important app with huge advantages. Why pay for other site management systems if the best is offered free of charge?
- Easy to install and use . The entire installation process takes no more than 5 minutes, and for this you do not need to be a programmer. To understand the code and technical nuances you don't need much help! The developers tried to make the system as simple and user-friendly as possible, so that even the absolute beginners could understand it as quickly as possible.
- Cross-platform . WordPress is installed and used directly on your site (server). You do not need to install anything else on the computer. This means that you can manage your site from any computer from under any operating system. The only necessary condition is an Internet connection. Even in transport with only one mobile phone in hand, you can add a new article on the site and attach the picture.
- Built-in editor . Using WordPress is very simple and easy, mainly thanks to an intuitive built-in editor. If you have ever worked in Microsoft Word, mastering the editor will be a child's task. Text formatting, links, inserting pictures and video - all this is done in a couple of clicks.
- Popularity . WordPress is the most popular content management system in the world. According to official statistics , the share of the WordPress market among other competitors exceeds 55%. More than 58 million sites in the world exist on WordPress. More than 297 million people are browsing 2.5 billion pages per wordpress every month. Every 7th site in the world is created and works on wordpress. If you need a plug-in, there are more than 15 thousand. And the latest version of WordPress 3.2.1 for September 2011 has been downloaded more than 7 million times! What does all of this mean? This means that on the Internet you will find a huge number of free themes, templates and plug-ins. And if you have any questions, you can easily find the answer on the Internet.
Difference between WordPress.Com vs WordPress.Org
|Offers free to create a Website with subdomains. Like yourname.wordpress.com. If you want to add your website you have to upgrade to higher plan.||You can use your own domain to create a website by installing WordPress. The cost is lower than WordPress.Com|
|Cannot install any plugins or themes in Basic or Premium package. To install plugins you have to upgrade to Business package.||You can install anything you want. You are the boss here. You are in control.|
|Cannot edit the themes core files, as they don't give you permission to access your core files.||You can easily edit the themes and core files because you have all the permission to access.|
|You cannot setup google AdSense and other ads, as WordPress.Com don't permit to run AdSense. They have their own ad platform which is not quite good as AdSense.||You can easily runs any advertisement you want.|
|You cannot create a Membership Website or Forum where people can login or register.||You can create any types of website you want. Thousands of themes and plugins will make your work easier.|
|You cannot create shopping websites.||You can easily create Shopping website with Woocommerce.|
|No freedom, because you are not the boss.||Absolutely freedom, because you are the boss here!|