Google AdSense Program is the most popular way to monetize your website. Although there is many ways to make money from websites but AdSense is quite popular and very easy to manage. This tutorial shows you to understand, register and precautions about Google AdSense Program with step by step process.
What is Google AdSense?
AdSense is the most well known advertisement network by Google. Google earn their most of the revenues through advertisement business hence AdSense (approx 25% revenue). AdSense Program started 18th June 2003 and becomes quite popular to everyone. Its pays PPC (Pay Per Click) and CPA (Cost Per Action) methods to their partner. There are currently around 13 Million websites are registered with Google AdSense Program.
Things you should consider before apply Google AdSense Program
Google AdSense is the most trust worthy platform which pays more than any ad network and pays on time. However, they are very strict about their policies. If you failed to maintain their policies, you may not get accepted or disapprove your AdSense account. It is very hard to get back your rejected or disapprove account from AdSense. So please be careful about this point before applying AdSense.
- Create a About Us page in your website and make it visible to every visitors.
- Create a Contact page for your website and make it visible to every visitors.
- Your website must have sufficient contents as well as articles to get approve in Google AdSense. After publishing 50 well written articles in your website, you should apply for Google AdSense Program.
- Each Articles must have more than 800 words.
- Don’t publish any copied articles. Google strictly disallow copy content.
- Remove other advertisement network from your website if you already have.
- Your website should 6 months old before applying AdSense.
- Your website must be well designed. Poorly designed website will not get approval of Google AdSense Program.
- Google AdSense don’t accepts pornographic contents or adult contents. So don’t use such content in your website.
Check Google’s guidelines here: Google Ad-sense Eligibility
Register for AdSense
Step-1: You must have a working gmail address. I recommend create a new one to register for Adsense.
Step-2: Go to Google Adsense page and click the SIGN UP NOW option.
Step-3: Next page type your website name, email address, and click on continue. Please double check your details, you cannot change the website name later.
Step-4: Next page, you have to select your country and accept the google policy. When you are ready to business with google, you should take time and read the policies very well.
Step-5: Enter your payment address details. Please double check all the details as you cannot change it later. Your payment details should match your bank details as well, or you may not get the revenues you earned. If you select Company, it may ask you to provide GST details or any company related information later. If you failed to provide, you will get rejected. Your bank name should same as your company name if you choose company as your payment details.
After submitting all the details above, you should wait. You will receive confirmation email if your application get approved. When your application get approved, all the hidden options will be available and you can create your first ad.
So, This was the steps to register on Google. Now you should note some important tips about AdSense.
Things you never ever try to do with Google AdSense Program
There is a rumor about Google that, “Google knows you better than you know yourself“. In some aspects it’s true! Google always track you though your android mobile (as android is a google product), your browser (Google Chrome), your IP Address and many more ways. You cannot apply tricks with Google. So be genuine and follow the google policies. Here is some important things you never try to do with Google AdSense Program. Once you get disapprove by AdSense, you will lose your income and it is very hard to get back your account again.
- Never try to click on your own ads, even it shows something you want to buy.
- Never copy other websites article into your website.
- Never buy any paid traffic to get more visitors.
- Don’t show more than 3 ads on a single page.
- Don’t encourage people to click your ads in website. Even don’t ask your friends to click on your ads.
I hope this article may help you to understand about Google AdSense and create an account with them. If you think it helps you share it with your friends.